Sunday, May 20, 2012

Why not???


I can’t write too well but that has never stopped me from thinking I write some great stuff. 

In my mind I am almost certain that I won’t live long enough to tell my daughter, a little over 2 years now, all the things I want to tell her or even if I live that long I am sure she will not want to listen to some old man losing his mind.

So on this night when she is sleeping peacefully truly believing her dad is a hero there are a few things I want get off my heart.

·      I have been the best dad I can, I am sure that as you grow up you will find that your friend’s dads are a lot cooler/ better than me. Please remember that I did the best I could. I am sorry if I didn’t live up to your expectations.
·      No matter what you do you will ALWAYS be the second best thing that happened to me, the first being your mom coming into my life.
·      .Yes I know I talk too much, I am a story teller and long after I am gone I hope to stay alive in your stories.
·      There will be a time when we have a really bad showdown and we refuse to talk to each other, remember I am hurting a hundred times worse than you are for being the ASS&%**% that I was and I am really want to walk up to you give you a hug.
·      At some point not too far away you are going to leave home and that is the day I truly dread.
·      It doesn’t matter who you are going to marry, I will always think you could have done better so don’t listen to what I have to say.
·      No matter what you do I will ALWAYS be very, very, very proud of who you are and I will ALWAYS be there for you. Nothing else can bring me the joy that you do.
·      Irrespective of what I say, I have NO expectations of you. Not because you are not capable, but because I am not smart enough to know what you are interested in. Life is short; please live your own life.
·      Help those who are lesser fortunate than you, it is worth it and no matter how much money you make remember it will never be enough.
·      Last but not least, don’t trust Facebook, Twitter is totally worth it.

I write for myself (mostly) but today I write for you!!! Smile coz you are the BEST!!!!

No comments: